Terms & conditions template for UGC campaigns and rights management
1. By submitting your content, typically text, images, and videos, you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. After submitting your content via a form, social media channel, or other digital channels, you agree and acknowledge that it may be displayed on our publicly available websites, social media channels, email newsletters, and other marketing channels. You understand that others can view, make a copy, and re-share your content on various digital channels.
3. After submitting your content via a form or expressing your consent on a social media channel, you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide licence to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content.
4. You represent and warrant that: a) You are the legal owner of all intellectual property rights in the content (other than any third-party logos, brand names, or artwork featured in the image or video), the content is your original work, and it does not infringe any third-party rights, including copyright and trademark.
b) You don’t submit someone else's private or confidential information without permission or do anything that violates someone else's rights. You have the written consent and permission of each identifiable person to use and submit the image and video or use their names in a written text.
c) You will indemnify our brand against any claim from any third party alleging to have intellectual property rights in the content or any rights, laws or regulations violated.
d) The content does not depict anything unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or profane, could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or breach of any law, or contains anything inappropriate or anything else contrary to common standards of taste and decency, or that is deliberately intended to upset other users.
5. You understand that we will carefully choose which content we display in our digital channels, and we are not obliged to use or continue to use the content. We may choose to hide your content from our digital channels.
6. You acknowledge and agree we have no control over and shall have no liability for any damages resulting from the use or misuse by any third party of information voluntarily made public through any use of applications, social media channels and/or websites. If you choose to make any of your personally identifiable information or other information available for our use, you do so at your own risk.
7. Except for personal data, all submissions will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential and may be made available to the general public and used by us without restriction.